Beastie was a steel sit-down roller coaster at Alton Towers, Staffordshire, UK. It was the product of thoughts to create a rollercoaster that younger visitors of the park could enjoy. Since its SNBO status in 2011, it was demolished in 2013.
As of 2015, the area is occupied by a new ride called Octonauts Roller Coaster Adventure as a part of the park called CBeebies land — a section of the park aimed at children under the age of 5.
This ride featured a standard layout. It had many head-chopper elements and a compact footprint.
- Beastiie originally opened in 1983 as Mini Dragon in the Festival Park (Now Dark Forest) area of the park. It allowed younger children to experience the thrill of a full-size roller coaster.
- In 1987, the ride was renamed to just Dragon.
- In 1993, the ride was moved to the Thunder Valley section of the park. This was when it assumed its final name, Beastie, due to the Beast opening at the park.
- In 1998, the ride was moved to its final position, in the Adventure Land area of the park.
- In 2009, the Beastie became the oldest roller coaster operating at the park, after the Corkscrew closed in 2008.
- In 2011, it was revealed that the Beastie would not be operating again. It has since been demolished.
|Alton Towers Roller Coasters|
|Present||Air • Nemesis • Oblivion • Rita • Runaway Mine Train • Smiler • Spinball Whizzer • Thirteen|
|Former||4 Man Bob • Alton Mouse • Beastie • Black Hole • Corkscrew • Mini Apple • New Beast • Thunderlooper|
|Concepts||Secret Weapon 1 & 2 • unknown|
This page needs a POV. You can help Coasterpedia by adding one!