Big One is an Arrow Dynamics hyper roller coaster located at Pleasure Beach Blackpool in Blackpool, England. The ride cost £12,000,000 ($18,000,000) to build and was sponsored by Pepsi. It is the tallest rollercoaster in the United Kingdom, and was the tallest in the world when it opened in 1994.
- The ride was the tallest, fastest, and steepest in the world when it opened in 1994. All these records have been taken from it, but it it is still the tallest rollercoaster in the United Kingdom, but it is no longer the fastest as Stealth in Thorpe Park is the fastest at 80 mph.
- The ride has suffered two crashes. One in July 1994, just weeks after its opening, and one in August 2000. These crashes were only minor, and so were the resulting injuries, but they made international news. There was also a breakdown (not a collision, so no injuries) on 4 April 2016.
- The Pleasure Beach leaflet incorrectly says the ride's speed at 87 mph, when it is actually 74 mph.
- The ride's height restriction is 52 inches or 4 ft 4in
- The opening in 1994 of The Big One, Nemesis and Shockwave resulted in 1994 being celebrated by UK parks and fans as the "Year of the Rollercoaster".
|Preceded by|| World's Tallest Complete-Circuit Roller Coaster
May 1994–July 1996