Coaster Q&A is a brand new blog series in which interviews are conducted with our very own community of passionate roller coaster enthusiasts.
Our first interviewee is Kata89, a relatively new user here who has a growing love for roller coasters, and enjoys learning all about them!
- MontagnaMagica: To start things off, what are some of your hobbies?
- Kata89: Programming, building stuff, and Wiki'ing. I also like fishing.
- MontagnaMagica: Can you summarize what you do for the wiki?
- Kata89: I find pages that do not have pictures, then I go on the internet and find the pictures. While on the internet, if I find out more information, I also put it up on the page. If I see a page is a stub, I attempt to expand it. Also, if a page is vandalized, I clean it up. (But I've never found a reason to do this) Oh, and at any random time, if I see that there's a coaster missing, I add it. Currently, I am working on the Wild Mouse Disambiguation page. There are a total of 128 wild mouse coasters right now.
- MontagnaMagica: How did you find out about this wiki?
- Kata89: Through a spotlight.
- MontagnaMagica: Why do you like it here?
- Kata89: Well, for one, I LOVE coasters. Two, I have learned a lot from just reading about them. I actually impressed someone for giving him ALL of the facts to Top Thrill Dragster. Three, its a very organized and a friendly place.
- MontagnaMagica: I'm sure most of us are wondering... What does your username mean?
- Kata89: A long time ago, I just randomly thought it up. But recently, I found out that "Kata" is a kind of fighting.
- MontagnaMagica: Let's get to the coaster enthusiast part! What is your favorite roller coaster, and why?
- MontagnaMagica: Overall, what is your favorite theme park?
- Kata89: Right at this moment, Kings Island.
- MontagnaMagica: When did you become interested in roller coasters?
- Kata89: I don't know, probably 3-4 years ago.
- MontagnaMagica: Do any roller coasters still scare you?
- MontagnaMagica: Where do you see this wiki one year from now?
- Kata89: Well, if we really put our minds to it, thousands of pages with lots of roller coasters, theme parks, etc. I know there are a lot of coasters missing. (like, more than 2,000), but if everyone creates at least 7 coasters every week, just one person would've created 365 coasters. But, I know with vacation, life, and so on, they couldn't do that every week. In the far future, I can see this wiki having ample users (if we spotlight again), and possibly, being greater than RCDB.
Awesome interview! Thanks for taking the time to tell us all a bit about yourself! Be sure to stay tuned for more Coaster Q&A in the future!